Wednesday, April 16, 2008

M for M-A-R-A

one day, umi told me
"apply MARA scholarsip"
i said
"no-no"
she said
"try!"
i said
"but..."
she said
"GO."
so i said,
"yes madam"

the truth is, I was thinking, hey, thousands applied for the same thing. I got 8 A's and a B, and there were like, trillions with 9 A's or 10 A's or 11 A's et cetera et cetera applying for mara or jpa. My chances were like, a bill gate marrying paris hilton ( possible, but unlikely), or my brother marrying siti nurhaliza (which is totally impossible).

but i checked it out anyway.

Medic, engeneering, bla3 all impossible (each requires an A in chemistry). I like english, so i checked the requirements for TESL. (me, a MRSM teacher? kihkihkih)

Here what they wrote

Mendapat sekurang-kurangnya 2 A dalam matapelajaran
a) matematik (OK.pass)
b) BI (no probs)
c) BM (bring it on!)
d) biologi / fizik (yep2)
e) KIMIA / ekonomi.. bla3../ Ert/ bla3..

So in order to be an english teacher, i have to get an A in chemistry. Gosh, which dork created that rule?

so i moved on, brokenhearted. Looked like this B-er in chemistry passed the requirements for biotechnology ( yeah, failed to take Tesl but passed to take err.. this.) , and other strange things ( like jepun kesusasteraan) or whatever. pardon me for my ignorance. looked like if i want a mara scholarship, biotech is one of the options. I mean, actually, it is the only option.

ps: i hate science

biotechnology.
who actually like that?

1 comment:

Aqma said...

aik, so ko nk amik ape ni?